Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, September 12, 2008

A Bit of Orange for Autumn

So many of you have been posting pictures of your fabulous fall decorations. I just love all of the ideas, especially the Halloween goodness creeping into your homes. I am not quite ready to pull out my decorations, but I have added a little extra orange into my home.I am waiting until next weekend is over. We have two spaces at the Springfield, Ohio Antique Show and Flea Market http://www.springfieldantiqueshow.com/. I am concentrating on getting ready for the show, then I will work on Halloween decorating. Now that my kids are older I like to add more orange, black and white instead of a lot of Halloween only pieces. (I still do love me some dark and creepy decorating though) So anyhoo, I have a cute little candle set I picked up at Big Lots! I think it was meant for summer which is why it ended up there for $6.00. A platter with orange on the rim and a bag of black river rocks and "Igor's yer Uncle!", we have a fall vignette on the coffee table. The large candle even came with a black and white ribbon. It was meant to be. Two black candle holders with crusty green/brown candles, a wrought iron squirrel nutcracker on brown and orange vintage books and I'm set.
How cute is this? Search those discount stores for end of season stuff, you may find just the thing to use in a different way for your fall decorating or any other time of year. Spring green or July 4th red at Christmas, snowy whites at Valentines Day, autumn browns for a vintage display year round, just pick your theme and go with it.
A few vintage salt and peppers in glass jars, black, white, orange and a bit of 1930's green, for kitchen counter yumminess. I intend to fill the big jar in back with black licorice. (Told you I couldn't keep that island empty).
My favorite mix of plates with orange flowers are displayed more prominently in this season.
The perfect color scheme for early autumn decorating.
Don't you love this time of year?

Have a cheerful Friday, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

trash talk said...

I love orange-especially bittersweet orange. Your vignettes look fab and as you continue to layer even more spootacular. Deb

Tammy said...

I LOVE these plates!!!!! Makes me want to get out there and do some thrifting right this very minute!!

nikkicrumpet said...

wonderful stuff...I can't wait to see your next set of layers. I'm so glad you visited my blog...I love following people home and poking around their place. That main picture on your heading is FABULOUS! Now I'm off to snoop around a bit.

Candy said...

Love your glassware filled with goodies and what a great bargain on the orange leftovers from summer. Looks great for THIS season with the added black. And thank you for visiting my new blog. I would love to keep in touch with another Ohioan and will keep you posted if I get much feedback regarding my search for other Junkers in the area. It could be great fun to meet up! I'll be back.