Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, August 29, 2008

A Lovely Garden Visit

This lovely girl has visited every day this summer.Shy at first, she has become quite friendly as the season moves along. She often has family along but they are not as comfortable as she is with human neighbors.
Hello dear, (deer) so nice to see your gentle face again. I am feeling blessed by your peaceful presence.
I really didn't need those tomatoes this year. Why do you think I planted vegetables except for your enjoyment?
Really though, how can I mind not having fresh veggies when this beauty comes to visit?

Have a welcoming Friday, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

trash talk said...

I don't mean to buck the system or fawn over this post too much, but she is so dear it makes me want to sing-Do-Re-Mi! Now I need to hoof it back to work. (Did I go to far?)

bella shabby said...

I miss seeing those deer. We lived in the country when my daughter was growing up and would have them right out the living room window. Thanks for sharing. Sue

trash talk said...

P-Girls just want to have fun!lol You can e-mail me at debdann@att.net The total would be $12.80 with priority s&h.(not much different from pp.)I love those soap dishes-that was when ladies did it up right, complete with guest soap&towels, not just a big ol' bar of lava and a paper towel.lol Debbie

Jen@The Cottage Nest said...

What a treat to have that kind of visitor. Love your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I'm so happy for you that you'll be attending Silver Bella!

A Sentimental Journey said...

Ah yes, we have lotsa deer here too ~ recently had a BEAR sighting in a neighboring town ~ ugh!! ps * love the TRASH TALK comment * HILARIOUS! BTW, I left a little something for you on my bloggie, so stop by when you can? P

Hooked on Houses said...

We've had a ton of deer visiting us this year, too. It's always fun to see the little fawns. -Julia